ActiveCampaign vs GetResponse
Email marketing is on its climax today. It has proved to be the best way for businesses to communicate with their market. And all this in a personalized approach to make sales.
For many businesses, it’s working out. But few companies are still struggling to find the right strategies.
And besides that, research says that email marketing has an average ROI of 3800%. And that is $38-revenue for every $1 you spend on the tools.
But because of this, there is an influx of email marketing software with a plethora of features. And these all promise to grow your business.
But does GetResponse’s ease of use even bring it closer to the reigning giant?
I took some time to study these two tools. And by adding my personal experience with both; here are my reasons why ActiveCampaigns is unbeatable.
What is ActiveCampaign?
This is a marketing software and sales CRM platform mainly designed for small businesses. And as of now, over 100,000 companies in 161 countries are using the tool. And all to connect better with their audience.
What is GetResponse?
GetResponse is also an email marketing tool founded in 1997. And it helps users to collect emails, manage contacts, and run email marketing campaigns.
ActiveCampaign Vs. GetResponse Comparison
But as mentioned earlier, I have used both tools and can attest that GetResponse has auto-funnels but is far from desirable. Don’t get me wrong though, operating the tool is smooth. But not as powerful and robust as ActiveCampaign.
The right software tool knows how to bring the right message to the right person at the right time. Closing a deal, therefore, becomes very easy.
And a tool with these features is not easy to overcome. And these are the same features that ActiveCampaigns rides on giving it a solid foundation against its feeble nemesis.
But let us bring this closer by comparing the pros and cons. So that the battle of ActiveCampaigns Vs. GetResponse is not my mere opinion.
- The software is straightforward to use. You don’t need a lot of training. It’s for this reason that ActiveCampaign is highly recommended for small businesses.
- It has one of the highest deliverability rates than any other email autoresponder.
- It has a high-level email automation capability. ActiveCampaign possesses all the features you need to send personalized messages to your audience that trigger sales.
- It’s free to migrate all your contacts data if you were using a different CRM tool before.
- ActiveCampaign’s marketing automation feature enables you to automate most of your sales process.
- ActiveCampaign does not have a landing page builder. But you can collaborate it with third-party sales funnel page builders like click funnels.
- The tool has an influx of features that may overwhelm a small business that is not into an intricate email marketing tool.
- You get a 30-day free trial, which is a pretty big deal when compared to ActiveCampaigns’ 14-days trial.
- The software has a landing page builder which you can use to create beautiful landing pages to improve the customer experience at no extra costs.
- You get free 24/7 customer support regardless of the plan you are using.
- The basic plan going for $15 per month does not have much to offer. For instance, you don’t get custom automation and you can only create one sales funnel.
- The tool does not have SMS messaging or chat for effective communication with your audience.
- The tool does not have timely reporting; hence you can’t analyze results to connect goal complections from analytics.
Activecampaign Vs. GetResponse – Main Differences
It would be fair enough to agree that both tools have proved to be reliable to businesses that use them.
Still, ActiveCampaign plays a better tool when you are looking for a way to communicate with your subscribers on different platforms.
GetResponse, on the other hand, has the upper hand when you want to set up webinars in a less tiresome way.
Here are more differences in ActiveCampaigns Vs.GetResponse:
- ActiveCampaigns has a program for machine learning, which GetResponse doesn’t have.
- The GetResponse trial period goes for 30 days, while ActiveCampaigns goes for 14 days.
- GetResponse has a landing page builder while ActiveCampaign doesn’t.
- ActiveCampaign has an automation map feature while ActiveCampaign does not have.
- You can create membership sites with ActiveCampaigns but you can’t with GetRespeonse.
ActiveCampaign Vs. GetResponse Email Marketing Automation Strength
Research has it that of all the emails sent by marketers, only 22.86% of subscribers get to open them.
This means that your success is only sealed when you have a massive list of subscribers. You don’t want to make the mistake of losing your subscribers by using a less powerful email marketing tool.
GetResponse has 43 templates you can use to build email sequences. This is pretty awesome, but the catch is that you can’t add additional widgets for customization.
ActiveCampign has leveraged on this weakness by offering you endless customization features on its cheapest plan.
The next feature you need to know when working on a tight budget is that ActiveCampaign has numerous workflows. You will have to purchase GetResponse’s professional plan going for $99 to get this benefit. This is a definite blow to the Activecampaign vs Getresponse battle.
ActiveCampaign vs GetResponse Pricing Plans Comparison
This is what you are probably very much interested in ActiveCampaign vs GetResponse. A wise tip is that you should take advantage of their free trials. You get to wet your feet, and it won’t cost you anything.
The price plan is determined by the number of subscribers on your mailing list. ActiveCampaign has the following four models to suit different business sizes.
- The Lite Plan: 9/month
- The Plus Plan: $49/month
- The Professional plan: $129/month
- The Enterprise Plan: $229/month
The above pricing is for 1000 contacts. If you have a bigger list, let’s say you want to manage over 50,000 contacts, reach out to the customer support for a different price list.
Similar to ActiveCampaigns, GetResponse has four pricing options to choose from. These are:
- Basic plan: $15/month
- Plus plan: $45/month
- Professional Plan: $99/month
- Enterprise plan: 1199/month
The first three plans can manage a contact list of up to 1000 with additional features as you move up the list.
The professional plan is by far costly because it can manage up to 100,000 contacts. It’s mainly suitable for larger companies with a massive number of subscribers.
As far as pricing is concerned, you can see that GetResponse is more expensive. The catch is that it’s a considerate tool if you have a huge list. That is a blow to the Activecampaign vs Getresponse shootout!
ActiveCampaign Vs GetResponse Who is the winner?
Clearly, you can see that the duel of ActiveCampaign vs GetResponse wasn’t a tough one. I will agree that both marketing tools are very effective in email marketing.
With the right strategies, you can make enough money to cater for the pricing plan you have chosen.
Our verdict is that ActiveCampaign is better than GetResponse in a great deal. The tool manages your contacts effectively hence a solid ground for email marketing campaigns. It’s also cheaper than its counterpart.
We can’t fail to mention that GetResponse is reasonably good if you are looking for a tool to host webinars.
You can give ActiveCampaign or GetResponse a try today and be sure to take advantage of their free trials before you dive in.