ActiveCampaign vs GetResponse
In our ActiveCampaign vs GetResponse shootout, we will be looking at why email marketing is at its climax today. Because it has proved to be the best way for businesses to communicate with their market in a personalized approach and make sales.
For many businesses, it’s working out, but few companies are still struggling to find the right strategies.
Besides, research has it that email marketing has an average ROI of 3800%. That is $38-revenue for every $1 you spend on the tools.
Because of this, there is an influx of email marketing software with a plethora of features that promise to grow your business.
Today, we shall have an unequal competition of ActiveCampaign Vs. Clickfunnels. Of course, ActiveCampaigns is better than the latter in automation flexibility and personalizing communication with your target audience.
But does GetResponse’s ease of use even bring it closer to the reigning giant? Well, we are about to find out.
I took some time to study these two tools, and by adding my personal experience with both, here are my reasons why ActiveCampaigns is unbeatable.
What is ActiveCampaign?
This is a marketing software and sales CRM platform mainly designed for small businesses. Over 100,000 companies in 161 countries are using the tool to connect better with their audience.
What is GetResponse?
GetResponse is also an email marketing tool founded in 1997. It helps users to collect emails, manage contacts and email marketing campaigns.
ActiveCampaign Vs. GetResponse Comparison
As mentioned earlier, I have used both tools and can attest that GetResponse has autofunnles but is far from desirable. Don’t get me wrong though, operating the tool is smooth but not as powerful as ActiveCampaign.
The right software tool knows how to bring the right message to the right person at the right time. Closing a deal, therefore, becomes very easy.
A tool with this feature is not easy to overcome. It’s the same feature that ActiveCampaigns rides on, giving it a solid foundation against its feeble nemesis.
Let’s bring this closer by comparing the pros and cons to know the main differences in ActiveCampaigns Vs. GetResponse.
- The software is straightforward to use. You don’t need a lot of training. It’s for this reason that ActiveCampaign is highly recommended for small businesses.
- It has one of the highest deliverability rates of any other email autoresponder.
- It has a high-level email automation capability. ActiveCampaign possesses all the features you need to send personalized messages to your audience that trigger sales.
- It’s free to migrate all your contact data if you were using a different CRM tool before.
- ActiveCampaign’s marketing automation feature enables you to automate most of your sales process.
- ActiveCampaign does not have a landing page builder. But you can collaborate with third-party sales funnel page builders like ClickFunnels.
- The tool has an influx of features that may overwhelm a small business that is not into an intricate email marketing tool.
- You get a 30-day free trial, which is a pretty big deal compared to ActiveCampaigns’ 14-day trial.
- The software has a landing page builder, which you can use to create beautiful landing pages to improve the customer experience at no extra costs.
- You get free 24/7 customer support regardless of the plan you are using.
- The basic plan going for $15 per month does not have much to offer. For instance, you don’t get custom automation, and you can only create one sales funnel.
- The tool does not have SMS messaging or chat for effective communication with your audience.
- The tool does not have timely reporting; hence you can’t analyze results to connect goal complections from analytics.
Activecampaign Vs. GetResponse – Main Differences
It would be fair enough to agree that both tools have proven reliable to businesses that use them.
Still, ActiveCampaign plays a better tool when looking for a way to communicate with your subscribers on various platforms.
GetResponse, on the other hand, has the upper hand when you want to set up webinars in a less tiresome way.
Here are more differences in ActiveCampaigns Vs.GetResponse:
- ActiveCampaigns has a program for machine learning, which GetResponse doesn’t have.
- The GetResponse trial period goes for 30 days, while ActiveCampaigns goes for 14 days.
- GetResponse has a landing page builder while ActiveCampaign doesn’t.
- ActiveCampaign has an automation map feature, while ActiveCampaign does not have.
- You can create membership sites with ActiveCampaigns, but you can’t with GetRespeonse.
ActiveCampaign vs GetResponse Email Marketing Automation Strength
Research has it that of all the marketers’ emails, only 22.86% of subscribers get to open them.
This means that your success is only sealed when you have a massive list of subscribers. You don’t want to make the mistake of losing your subscribers by using a less powerful email marketing tool.
GetResponse has 43 templates you can use to build email sequences. This is pretty awesome, but the catch is that you can’t add additional widgets for customization.
ActiveCampign has leveraged on this weakness by offering you endless customization features on its cheapest plan.
The next feature you need to know when working on a tight budget is that ActiveCampaign has numerous workflows. You will have to purchase GetResponse’s professional plan going for $99 to get this benefit.
ActiveCampaign vs GetResponse Pricing Plans Comparison
This is what you are probably very much interested in ActiveCampaign Vs. GetResponse. A wise tip is that you should take advantage of their free trials. You get to wet your feet, and it won’t cost you anything.
The price plan is determined by the number of subscribers on your mailing list. ActiveCampaign has the following four models to suit various business sizes.
- The Lite Plan: 9/month
- The Plus Plan: $49/month
- The Professional plan: $129/month
- The Enterprise Plan: $229/month
The above pricing is for 1000 contacts. If you have a more extensive list, let’s say you want to manage over 50,000 contacts, reach out to customer support for a different price list.
Similar to ActiveCampaigns, GetResponse has four pricing options to choose from. These are:
- Basic plan: $15/month
- Plus plan: $45/month
- Professional Plan: $99/month
- Enterprise plan: 1199/month
The first three plans can manage a contact list of up to 1000 with additional features as you move up the list.
The professional plan is by far costly because it can manage up to 100,000 contacts. It’s mainly suitable for larger companies with a massive number of subscribers.
As far as pricing is concerned, you can see that GetResponse is more expensive. The catch is that it’s a considerate tool if you have a huge list.
ActiveCampaign Vs.GetResponse Who is the winner?
You can see that the duel of ActiveCampaign Vs. GetResponse wasn’t a tough one. I will agree that both marketing tools are very effective in email marketing.
With the right strategies, you can make enough money to cater to your chosen pricing plan.
Our verdict is that ActiveCampaign is better than GetResponse in a great deal. The tool manages your contacts effectively hence a solid ground for email marketing campaigns. It’s also cheaper than its counterpart.
We can’t fail to mention that GetResponse is reasonably good if you are looking for a tool to host webinars.
You can give ActiveCampaign or GetResponse a try today and be sure to take advantage of their free trials before you dive in.
ActiveCampaign - $17-Up
Name: Activecampaign Review
Offer price: from $17.00-Up
Operating System: Online
Application Category: Autoresponder
Author: DJ VAGNETTI
price - 94
features - 100
usefulness - 100
friendlyness - 95
support - 96
ActiveCampaign has taken traditional email marketing to a whole new level. The automation and data collection are so powerful that email marketing today could be as personalized as you want to leverage the platform.
- Intuitive visual automation
- Most third-party integrations
- The gold standard for marketers and small business
- Has a learning curve, but not one that you should avoid
GetResponse - $49
Name: GetResponse Review
Description: An autoresponder with some funnel building features that makes it an interesting competitor but don't get fooled it is an autoresponder and not a funnel building platform.
Offer price: FROM $15.00-$$$$
Operating System: Online
Application Category: Autoresponder
Author: DJ Vagnetti
price - 90
features - 90
usefulness - 95
friendlyness - 100
support - 92
Getresponse has a lot of features that have the purpose to market the tool as a complete funnel building tool. But it is an autoresponder.
- Very easy to use
- Visually stunning
- Pack with features
- To many features
- Automations are limited
- Gets pricey with volume very quickly